The patrol division consists of ten deputies, three sergeants and four investigators. These are generally the first responders to incidents in our county. Their primary mission is to serve and protect the citizens of our county. They are all Colorado State certified Peace Officers, well trained and capable of taking care of your problems.
Patrol Deputy Duties
• Criminal, enforcement and investigation;
• Traffic, keeping our roads and highways safe
• Dispute mediation and resolution;
• Response to and coordination of wild land and structure fires, and search and rescue;
• Assistance with traffic accidents, medical emergencies and other public safety duties;
• Community oriented policing;
• Working with other law enforcement agencies and Sheriff's Office divisions; and
• Other varied calls for service, addressing quality of life issues.
Patrol deputies start their employment in a thirteen-week field training officer program. After successful completion of training, they are assigned to a patrol team and assigned to one of the three districts in our county.